5.21.2012

{free printable & project share} Homemade Sugar Body Scrub

I know I always appreciate  homemade gifts, especially on Mother's Day, so this  year I decided to do baskets for the moms with multiple homemade goodies.  Sorry I'm posting this after the fact, but just in case my mother and mother-in-law check this blog I didn't want to ruin the surprise.  Anyway, this lavender sugar scrub is just one of the things debuting in the basket and it took less than 1 minute to pull together.  Now that's my type of craft!
Ingredients Needed:
  •  Sugar (I used granulated white sugar, but I suppose brown could work too)
  • Oil (I used almond oil, but any oil that is smell-less would work-- such as olive oil)
  • Essential Oil Drops
  • Glass Jar
First fill your jar with the sugar, but leave enough room for the oil.  I used just enough oil that when it was mixed together it was a sloshy, but not too oily (does that make sense?).  It's not a science-- just pour the oil in a little at a time until you're satisfied with the dampness of the sugar mixture.
 Now, add between 5-10 drops of essential oil.  I used lavender, but contemplated using peppermint, orange, vanilla....etc.  I bought this lavender essential oil at Hobby Lobby and it was the most costly part of this project.  BUT, it should last me a while because you don't need much.
Next, tie it up with a pretty ribbon, a wooden stick and my free printable.  I would also encourage you to Mod Podge the printable label onto your glass jar so when it gets wet it doesn't sog up and fall off.
 I've created an assortment of four body scrub labels for you.  These body scrubs are super fast to put together-- the perfect last minute gift for just about anyone.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I'm so excited about your post. I've bought lavender body scrub before but never made it. I have this total thing for lavender, especially in the winter when I want to feel cozy. Thanks so much (and those labels are super cute too!). ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What program did you use to make your labels? They look so good! I never seem to find the right program to make mine look good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...