10.12.2011

{recipe} Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting

 This recipe came from Sprinkles' pumpkin spice cake box.  It adds just the right amount of cinnamon to any spice cake, pumpkin cake, pumpkin pie or cinnamon roll.  Seriously so good!  I tell ya, those folks over at the Sprinkles company know what they're doing.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
milk-- add in 1 teaspoon increments to your desired consistency
 Directions:
Using your electric mixer, beat cream cheese, unsalted butter, salt, and cinnamon on medium low speed until smooth and creamy (approximately 2 or 3 minutes).  Reduce speed to low and gradually add the confectioners' sugar, mixing until incorporated.  Add the vanilla; beat just until mixed.  Do not over-beat or the frosting will incorporate too much air. It should be creamy and dense like ice cream.  Add milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if frosting is not of a spreadable consistency.
 Piping Tip: 
More often than not I’m too lazy to get out all of my baking gear so I use Ziplock baggies to pipe frosting.  I make cut in one of the corners (about 1/2 inch off) and insert my tip so it’s a snug fit.  Then I fill the bag up with frosting and pipe away.  Super easy and super lazy, I know!

Enjoy!  This frosting is DIVINE and just in time for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...