12.05.2011

{tutorial} Jingle Bell Wreaths

What's Christmas without some jingle bells?  I found discounted tubes of bells last year after Christmas and just remembered I had them while decorating my house for the holidays.  This project took me all of 15 minutes.  I love quick and easy-- nothing better!
All that is needed:  wire coat hanger, ribbon, and jingle bells.
I feel like the hardest part was unwinding the wire coat hanger.  I thought my finger tips were going to get slashed open.  I highly recommend wearing heavy gardening gloves or better yet, use wire clippers if you have them.  I, on the other hand, did it the hard way!
After you've formed your wire into a circle you thread your bells onto the hanger, making sure to push them as close together as they will go.  Once you've completed threading the bells and have determined it is the size you want twist your wire back together and attach some ribbon for hanging.
 I had some left over bells, but not enough to make another wreath so I made this fun little hangy thing.  Instead of wire, I used some ribbon to thread and tied knots on both ends so the bells stay close together.
I'm loving the dark bronze bells, but they're a bit larger than the silver ones so they are unable to get snug and the wire is showing through a bit on these.  Oh well... can't win them all.

7 comments:

  1. Love this tutorial! They turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! Looks vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE them all!! I'm definitely going to try and look for bells cheap after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I searched for how to do a bell wreath yourself when I saw one priced at $50.

    Where did you find the brass bells?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies!

    Becca-- I've seen some fairly pricey bell wreaths myself. I bought these bells at Michaels last year. They came in a 12 inch clear tube and I believe I didn't pay more than a few bucks for one container. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. About how many bells did you use total?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the smaller bells I used approximately 2 cylinder containers (can be found at Michaels or Hobby Lobby)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...