5.24.2011

{recipe & free printable} Blueberry Blackberry Lime Jam

WOW! I'm not usually a lover of jam, but this jam gave me jelly legs!

Blueberry Blackberry Lime Jam
Yields: about 6 half-pints
  • 3 Cups blueberries
  • 1.5 Cups blackberries
  • 1 Tablespoon grated lime peel
  • 1/3 Cup lime juice
  • 5 Cups sugar
  • 1 package powdered pectin
Crush the blueberries and blackberries one layer at a time. Combine crushed berries and powdered pectin in a large sauce pot. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Stir in grated lime peel and lime juice. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner.

Here's the gist of canning--

Of course I can't leave you without a FREE PRINTABLE.  If you plan on making this jam you may download specific jam labels HERE.  Or you can download generic jam labels HERE.



9 comments:

  1. This recipe looks delicious and the labels are ADORABLE! I'm having trouble with the download though - my only options are webpage, HTML or text file - what am I doing wrong?
    Nfoz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nfoz-- email me at kirstenfuller(at)gmail(dot)com and I will send the file. I'm not sure why it's having problem. Have you tried downloading through scribd?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kirsten, I'll send you an email. I've downloaded some of your other printables from scribd, but this page doesn't have the print and download buttons. Not sure what I've done.

    I can't wait to make this jam!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Great looking blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can this be freezer jam if you don't have the materials needed to actually seal the jars?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen Rosie-- Thank you for the sweet compliment.

    Wormie-- I don't see why not! I know that you must let freezer jam cool for approximately 30 minutes before screwing on a tight lid and freezing. Happy jam making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog! Stumbled onto it via oneprettything.com.

    I am doing a 7 Day Blog Challenge, where I am searching for new blogs that I have never read before and highlighting a different one each day on my own blog, sunshineandsometea.wordpress.com. I decided to use your blog for today's spotlight!

    My mother in law in TN does a lot of jam making, so I am definitely going to send her to your site for some adorable labels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also having trouble downloading. For some reason Scribd isn't giving an option to "download", only "share", etc. I will email you as suggested above, but just wanted to let you know that it was an issue for more than one person.

    Thank you for the amazing free printables. I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...